The beginning of Denis Zhdanov’s international performing career with recitals and as a soloist with orchestra has started after his first debut recital in Lodz, Poland (2007), which brought a huge appreciation of the audience and critics. Denis also took part in the first and second International Arthur Rubinstein Piano Festivals in Lodz, Poland (2008, 2011).
Mr. Zhdanov’s artistic activity includes performances in such well-known concert halls as a Warsaw Philharmonic, Palau de la Musica de Barcelona, Concert Hall “Estonia” in Tallin, Auditori de Tenerife, KulturGasteig Munich, Salle Cortot Paris, L’Auditori Barcelona, Warsaw Concert Studio of Polish Radio, and many others.
Denis Zhdanov has appeared with the following orchestras of the world: the Madrid Symphony Orchestra, the Valles Symphony (Spain), Orchestra Symphonic de Tenerife, the Bilbao Symphonic Orchestra, Granada Symphonic Orchestra, the Pomeranian Symphony (Poland), the Ukrainian TV and Radio Orchestra, the Polish Camerata, the Finnish Radio Orchestra, the “Nova Amadeus” Chamber Orchestra (Italy), the Georgian National Symphony, and the “Simfonia Iuventus” Orchestra (Poland), among others.
Denis started taking his first piano lessons at the age of nine in Ukraine and has already made significant achievements by his first year of studying; he became the winner of a regional piano competition while being the youngest participant.
Mr. Zhdanov has won numerous awards at prestigious International Music Competitions including:
- The 56th International Maria Canals Piano Competition in Barcelona, Spain (WFIMC, 2010, 1st Prize)
- The 2nd Internation Piano Competition “Cherny-Stefanska in Memoriam” Poznan, Poland (EmCy, 2011, 1st Prize)
- The 7th International Youth Piano Competition “Arthur Rubinstein in Memoriam” in Bydgoszcz, Poland (EmCy, 2007, 1st Prize)
- The 19th International Piano Competition “Roma-2009: Chopin Prize” (Rome, Italy, 1st Prize),
- The 3rd Maj Lind International Piano Competition in Helsinki, Finland (2012, 2nd Prize)
He also recorded a CD with Chopin works for A. Rubinstein International Foundation in 2010 and a CD with Sonatas of Padre A. Soler with the “Naxos” Label in 2011.